Nikon announces the Nikon 1 J5
Earlier this month Nikon announced the next camera in the Nikon 1 mirrorless series - the J5.
Feature summary from the press release...
"fast continuous full-resolution shooting frame rate at 20 frames-per-second (fps) with full Autofocus, a new 20.8-megapixel Backside-illuminated (BSI) 1-inch CX-format CMOS sensor, EXPEED 5A image processing and a slew of creative modes"
- 20 fps at full resolution with Autofocus
- up to 60 fps with AF fixed on the first frame
- new EXPEED 5A image processing
- AF system featuring 171 Contrast-Detect and 105 Phase Detect AF points
- 1-inch CX-format 20.8-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor
- ISO range from 160-12,800
- 1,037k-dot touch LCD display with a 180-degree tilt
- built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- 1080/60p HD video and shooting at up to 120 fps (at 720p)
- 4K video at 15p
Price and Availability
A release date has not been set yet, but the following combinations and prices are being suggested:
- J5 with the 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom lens (SRP) of US $499.95
- A kit with both the 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom lens and 1 NIKKOR VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 for US $749.95 SRP in Silver/Black and Silver/White only.
- The Nikon 1 J5 with the 1 NIKKOR 10-100mm f/4-5.6 lens for US $1,049.95 SRP in Silver/Black and Silver/White only.
Thanks for reading.